Saturday 19 January 2013

Candle Jars....or Pantry Storage?

My mother is a recycling queen.

Yesterday she handed me a plastic bag full of candle jars. Instead of throwing the empty, dirty, waxy jars out, she washes and keeps them. She enjoys recycling...but they were taking up too much space and she wanted them gone. I knew immediately what I would do with them.

I have been on an organization kick lately, and getting my pantry in order. I had just purchased some cupcake decorating supplies, and didn't want the plastic bags cluttering up my shelves. So in went some mini chocolate chips, coconut and gummy worms!


I've got five more empty jars to fill, I'm sure I will find something for them soon. They are on the larger side, so too big for spices. I had put my spices in smaller mason jars anyway.


My pantry is looking more organized already. Building up and organizing my freezer is next!



1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I myself is sometimes irritated whenever i see my pantry not in it's proper order. Your pantry indeed looks organized just by using candle jars. I think i'll try this myself.

    ReplyDelete