Saturday 10 March 2012

Current Obsession: Apple Cider Vinegar

I've been using Apple Cider Vinegar for about two months now as a conditioner on my hair. I recently had a nasty bout of acid reflux and did some searching on Crunchy Betty, as I had a vague recollection of seeing her heartburn post. Her experience: two tablespoons in a glass of water and bam! Heartburn gone.

Let me tell you, I've had worse tasting stuff. But not much worse. It's pretty bad. But the acid reflux disappeared immediately. It was magical.

I tried the ACV in a glass of water and found just it lasted too long. I shoot it out of a shotglass instead now, so it's over quicker. Some times it goes down better than others. It's still gross. But it works.

Photo courtesy: Heinz Canada

What else does it do? 

According to the internet, it can clear up pretty much anything: acne, eczema, burns, bruises, BO, headaches, hemorrhoids, insomnia...the list goes on. However. This is the internet. And we know how much we believe the internet. (You can't. Don't do it.)

I can at least attest to the "makes your hair softer!" and the "cures acid reflux!" claims, since its worked for me the past two months.

I'll continue to report back if I find some other helpful uses. 

moar reads!



No comments:

Post a Comment